What We Believe
The United Church believes that as we lead lives of compassion and justice, “the poor must have priority… over the wants of the rich.” (“The Church and the Economic Crisis,” 1984). Read more at Working to Eradicate Poverty.
The United Church has outreach and community ministries and collaborates with a number of Canadian and global ecumenical, interfaith, and civil society partners working on poverty issues.
What You Can Do
- Read The United Church of Canada’s Response to the Federal Government’s 2017 Poverty Reduction Consultation (see downloads below)
- Find a Community & Social Justice Ministry
- Participate in the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty on October 17
- View the Poverty in Canada webinar series: 1) Four Stories, 2) Focus on Charity and Justice
- Join the Dignity for All campaign to create a poverty-free Canada
- Connect with: