The United Church of Canada, as a united and uniting denomination, welcomes ministry leadership from other recognized global ecumenical Christian denominations who feel called to serve in the United Church.
Discernment and Process
If you are considering ministry in The United Church of Canada, please take the time to get to know us.
- We expect our ministry personnel to be in essential agreement with our beliefs and faith statements.
- Please also review the Calls to the Church as the church is working to live into a new relationship with the Indigenous church.
- Review our policies and procedures in The Manual and Related Resources on our Handbooks page.
- Consider the practical implications of being a United Church of Canada ministry by checking out our ministry vitality offerings.
- You will need to be familiar with the Admission Resources for Discernment and Admission to the Order of Ministry Policy and Procedures, below.
If you are an ordained or diaconal minister of a recognized Christian denomination and would like to become a minister in The United Church of Canada, please complete an Inquiry to Admission Process – The United Church of Canada form. Once completed, we will be in touch with you about how to proceed.
As you review the process and decide on a potential future serving in ministry with the United Church, it is extremely important to understand that immigration requirements are separate from church processes. Applicants are advised that the process will take a significant period of time to meet both immigration and church requirements.
If you have questions please contact officeofvocation [at] united-church.ca (Office of Vocation).