The Church in Mission Unit of The United Church of Canada is seeking an individual to fill the role of Youth & Young Adult Ambassador as part of the Canada Summer Program for 11 weeks, June 15 to August 28, 2020.
There are five components to the work plan of the Youth and Young Leadership Development Intern.
- Develop a communication strategy for the General Council Office (United Church head office) to connect with young people across the church. Make connections with young people researching their experience of the church, particularly during the current context of pandemic and quarantine;
- Follow-up on the Youth and Young Adult Leadership Development survey conducted in the summer of 2019, and provide further analyses for use in the development of a new General Council Youth & Young Adult Leadership Development Strategy;
- Learn more about the work of the General Council (governance body) and the General Council Office;
- Develop a peer-to-peer youth leadership mentoring program and method of program evaluation to better connect young people in the church to the governance structures of the church;
- Discern other interests in the work of the General Council Office and seek mentoring in those areas for further skills development.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, education, experience and ability required.
- Youth between the ages of 15 to 30, and living in Toronto, are eligible to apply for this position
- Knowledge and basic understanding of the United Church is an asset
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Willingness to learn new technologies as needed
- Be self-motivated and ready to perform repetitive tasks on their own