The Theology and Inter-Church Inter-Faith Committee, 1 vacancy
The Theology and Inter-Church Inter-Faith Committee facilitates the church in expressing its longing for God, its theological identity, and its commitment to whole-world ecumenism. At this time the committee is particularly seeking a person who is currently engaged in teaching at a United Church Theological school or college.
The committee is made up of up to 12 members who reflect the diversity of The United Church of Canada (diversity with respect to gender identity, racial identity, ethnicity, age, geography, and vocation).
Committee members will be active participants in a local community of faith or ministry, familiar with the polity of The United Church of Canada, predisposed to collaboration and teamwork, sensitive to diversity issues, passionately committed to the mission of the United Church, and willing to discern God’s yearnings for this work.
Committee members will possess
- a commitment to the wholeness and well-being of the church
- the capacity to reflect theologically within their specific contexts
- the capacity to discern and reflect on emerging theological trends
- an openness to and capacity for engagement in ecumenical and inter-faith dialogue
- respect for those with differing theological understandings
For more information about this vacancy, please see the complete description, below.