Indigenous Candidacy Board (5 vacancies)
The National Indigenous Council is seeking up to five additional members to serve on the Indigenous Candidacy Board, including graduates of the Sandy-Saulteaux Spiritual Centre and its predecessors, Diaconal and Designated Lay Ministers, and lay people.
The candidacy boards are commissions of the Board of Vocation and will have the responsibilities outlined in the Candidacy Pathway including, but not limited to, naming candidates, terminating candidacy, and determining readiness for accreditation for ordination; and commissioning to the diaconal ministry and recognizing designated lay ministers.
In selecting members, the current National Indigenous Council will consider
• the need to ensure a balance of ministers—ordained, diaconal, and designated lay—and lay people who have the competencies required for the variety of responsibilities
• the need to reflect the diversity of the Indigenous Church across Canada, including geographically, urban and on/off-reserve ministries, and the LGBT2S+ community
The candidacy board is responsible for
a. approving an individual for candidacy
b. determining a person’s fitness and readiness for
- accreditation for ordination
- commissioning to the diaconal ministry, or
- recognition as a designated lay minister
c. overseeing the Candidacy Pathway process
d. terminating candidacy if required
It is important to note that the Indigenous Candidacy Board will determine how best to implement the Candidacy Pathway Policy for the Indigenous Church in keeping with the Calls to the Church.
For more information about this vacancy, please see the complete description, below.