Executive Ministers for regional councils have been named by the Sub-Executive of the General Council on March 22, 2018. These appointments have been made in consultation with the leadership in Conferences and presbyteries and are provisional until the results of Remit 1 have been enacted by the 43rd General Council in July 2018.
As Conferences and presbyteries plan and prepare for transition into the new regional council structure, the provisional Executive Ministers will work with the elected leadership in each region to determine staff requirements and fill new regional council positions that take effect January 1, 2019.
Conference offices will remain open and presbyteries will continue to function until December 31, 2018.
The Executive Ministers will be
- Regions 1 and 3 (British Columbia and southern Alberta): Doug Goodwin, formerly Conference Executive Secretary of BC Conference (until June 30, 2019)
- Regions 2, 4, and 5 (northern Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and northwestern Ontario): Shannon McCarthy, formerly Conference Executive Secretary of the Conference of Manitoba & Northwestern Ontario
- Regions 6 and 10 (southcentral Ontario from the Toronto area to northern Ontario): Peter Hartmans, formerly Conference Executive Secretary of Hamilton Conference
- Regions 7, 8, and 9 (southwestern Ontario up to the Bruce Peninsula): Cheryl-Ann Stadelbauer-Sampa, formerly Conference Executive Secretary of London Conference.
- Regions 11, 12, and 13 (Bay of Quinte, Ottawa, and most of Quebec): Rosemary Lambie, formerly Conference Executive Secretary of Synode Montréal & Ottawa Conference
- Regions 14, 15, and 16 (Gaspé, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador, and Bermuda): Faith March-MacCuish, formerly Conference Executive Secretary of Newfoundland and Labrador Conference