The Office of Vocation of the Ministry and Employment Unit has appointed Office of Vocation ministers to be part of a team of regionally deployed and General Council Office‒based staff. These ministers will support the processes for the discernment and training of ministry personnel, the determination of their fitness/readiness for accreditation, the fulfillment of continuing education standards, and the formal processes for oversight and discipline of ministry personnel.
The Office of Vocation ministers will be deployed to serve within the following clusters of regional councils. The minister who will serve the Indigenous Church will be announced at a later time.
- Regions 1 and 3: Brenda Fawkes (ordained minister) is the Director of Theological Field Education and Instructor in Ministry Practice at the Vancouver School of Theology.
- Regions 2, 4, and 5: Karen Medland (ordained minister) is currently serving Carman United Church in Chilliwack, British Columbia.
- Regions 6 and 10: Marlene Britton-Walfall (diaconal minister) is currently serving Knox (Shuniah) United Church in Thunder Bay, Ontario.
- Regions 7, 8, and 9: Tanya Cameron (lay) is currently serving as the Acting Personnel Minister of London Conference.
- Regions 11, 12, and 13: Karen Valley (lay) works with The War Amps and is an active leader within her congregation, Zion-Memorial in Carleton Place, Ontario. She will begin her Office of Vocation work on November 1, 2018.
- Regions 14, 15, and 16: Andrew Richardson (ordained minister) serves Trinity United Church in Summerside, PEI.
Please see below for more detailed biographies.