If you are following the liturgical season in worship, the Gathering Lectionary for Pentecost 1 (May 20–Sept. 2, 2018) is under Downloads, below; and The United Church of Christ, our partner denomination in the United States, posts weekly worship services.
Here are some other themes that might inform your celebrations this month.
June is celebrated as Pride Month in many communities in Canada. Three new worship resources are available under Downloads, below:
- In Your Expanding Love: A Pride Celebration Sunday Service
- Prayer of Great Thanksgiving, for Gay Pride Week
- A Pride Litany, which goes through the colours of the rainbow
Peace in Korea
From June 6–10, the National Council of Churches in Korea, a United Church partner, is encouraging prayer for peace in Korea daily at noon.
June 10: Union Sunday; Global Day of Prayer to End Famine
The World Council of Churches and the All Africa Conference of Churches also invite us to mark June 10 as the Global Day of Prayer to End Famine. Worship resources are available from the World Council of Churches and the Canadian Foodgrains Bank.
June 17: Indigenous Day of Prayer
- Circle of Light Active Litany, an experiential activity that was written primarily for non-Indigenous congregations celebrating Indigenous day of Prayer
- We Raise Our Thanksgiving, an Indigenous Thanksgiving Communion service
June 20: UN World Refugee Day
June 27: Canadian Multiculturalism Day
A Sunday near June 27, Canadian Multiculturalism Day, is a good opportunity to explore the United Church’s intercultural commitment. You can celebrate in worship with From All Corners of the World: A Service for Multiculturalism Sunday.