Pack your bags and get ready to live a once (or maybe twice, or maybe three times) in a lifetime experience. Rendez-vous is coming to Calgary in 2020!
Rendez-vous brings together youth (entering grade 9 and up to any age), young adults, and their leaders from across the country for a celebration of vibrant music, inspiring speakers, and dancing like there is no tomorrow. At this exciting three-day event you will
- celebrate the bold faith of The United Church of Canada with hundreds of your new best friends
- explore how brave space creates opportunities to learn, to share, and to celebrate new relationships
- experience the brazen grace of a living community of hope and inclusion
We’re busy working behind the scenes getting everything ready, so start packing and get ready to experience your faith gone wild!
What you can do now
We are recruiting now for the following leadership positions:
Home group leaders: We need your passionate and faithful leadership
Home groups are the heart of Rendez-vous: where the day starts and ends, where stories are shared and friendships are made. As a home group leader:
- provide spiritual grounding, faith formation, and leadership development for groups of 10‒12 young people aged 14‒18 or a group of young adults 19 and up over four days
- provide a duty of care, ensuring that youth are healthy and safe
- training, support, an awesome t-shirt, discounted registration, and an unforgettable experience.
Workshop leaders: We need your ideas and experiences
Rendez-vous features new, innovative, and inspiring ways to promote faith, service, and affirming leadership in the church and in our communities. As a workshop leader:
- lead one or more workshops related to innovative, energizing, and inspiring youth and young adult ministry
- an awesome t-shirt, discounted registration, and an unforgettable experience
Not sure this is how you want to help?
No problem! Send an e-mail to rendezvous [at] united-church.ca to let us know you want to be a part of Rendez-vous 2020.
Find out more
Visit Rendez-vous 2020 to learn more about Faith Gone Wild!