- Archival Documents
- View a "family tree" leading to church union in 1925, the inaugural worship service and Basis of Union of The United Church of Canada.
- The Basis of Union
- The formal document of the United Church as approved by the denominations that merged to form The United Church of Canada in 1925.
- A Brief History
- Ours is a rich history closely entwined with the development of Canada itself.
- Historical Timeline
- A chronology of key dates in the history of the United Church, from a century before church union in 1925 to the present.
- Important Statements of Our Doctrine
- This section presents important historical statements of United Church doctrine-the documents that express the substance of our faith.
- Ministries in French
- Find out more about ministries in French of The United Church of Canada, their mission and their identity.
The negotiations that led to church union in 1925 began 26 years earlier. This well-loved article [PDF: 4 pp/32 KB] from The Manual details the process behind the formation of The United Church of Canada.