The United Church of Canada invites you to take part in current campaigns, studies, appeals, and ongoing concerns in solidarity with our partners in Canada and around the globe. Together, let's work for a more just, peaceful, and sustainable world.
Want to receive automatic Take Action updates? Want to add these headlines to your website? It's easy, they're always current, and it's free! Subscribe now by e-mail or RSS. Check out our RSS Help page for more information.
Campaigns and Programs
- Unsettling Goods: Choose Peace in Palestine and Israel
- The United Church of Canada campaign for peace and justice in Palestine and Israel.
- Seeding Life: Breaking Ground for Food Justice
- A campaign to bring people together to create an alternative, just global food system rooted in the principles of food sovereignty.
- Stop violence against Aboriginal Women: The Sisters in Spirit Campaign
- Over the past 20 years, approximately 500 Aboriginal women have gone missing in communities across Canada. Yet government, the media, and Canadian society continue to remain silent. In March 2004, the Native Women's Association of Canada launched a one-year campaign to lobby the federal government to establish a $10 million fund for research and education related to violence against Aboriginal women.
Advocacy and Action
- Engaging Your MP: Build Relationships for Justice
- The United Church has been active in the public arena since its earliest days. Our non-partisan approach is intended to raise public awareness about justice, peace, and creation in communities across Canada. If you want to advocate on an issue, where can you start?
- The United Church, Political Activity, and Charitable Status
- Information on how United Church congregations can participate in acceptable political activity following the rules and guidelines established by Canada Revenue Agency.
- 2011 Federal Election Kit
- Use this kit during the 2011 election campaign to learn how to connect several key issues to worship and congregation groups, and how to organize and participate in an all candidates meeting.