The following services and networks help our camps, congregations, presbyteries, Conference offices, and all others interested in United Church Camping to keep in touch and share resources!
Camping News Update
This update is sent by e-mail to all camps on an as-needed basis. Updates include requests for updating information, urgent news bulletins, invitations for writers, call for presenters for the Connections Camping Conference, and much more! Each camp has designated a “communications contact” who receives this e-mail, and who is asked to share the e-mail with their camping network/board/staff. For more information, contact Jordan Sullivan.
We Are Camp Network
We Are Camp is the new online social networking site for the United Church Camping community. This is your site, a place for your discussions and contributions about camping in The United Church of Canada.
Join today and…
- chat with camp colleagues
- post a blog
- join a group or start your own
- view Good Things to Try! and share your own
- share photos and videos
- read about upcoming events
How to Join
Signing up is a breeze:
- Go to the We Are Camp network and click Sign Up in the top right corner.
- Type in your e-mail address. This is the e-mail address you’ll enter every time you sign in to the social network, and all notifications will arrive in this e-mail’s inbox.
- Next, enter a password. If this is your first time signing up for a social network on Ning, this is your chance to create a password.
- Retype your password to confirm that you’ve entered it correctly.
- Use the drop-down menus to enter your date of birth. Note: the Ning platform is offered only to users 13 years of age or older. Identifying your birthday represents to the Ning platform that you are 13 years of age or older.
- Type in the displayed text exactly as you see it. This step ensures that you’re a real person!
- Memberships must be approved by the Administrator, which should happen within a day. In the meantime, you can explore the main page of the site.