Cost: $1,250 (residential rate—program materials, accommodations, and all meals, with additional accommodation available for $65 per night plus meals)
Engage Difference! Deepening Understanding for Intercultural Ministry (DUIM) is an interactive and engaging ecumenical program for church leaders. It is offered by the Forum for Intercultural Leadership and Learning (formerly the Canadian Churches Forum), of which the United Church is a member.
If you are interested in discovering how to effectively nurture faithful relationships across difference, gathering insights on cultural relevance, and deepening understanding and awareness in your faith community, then this is a program for you. It offers practical ideas for implementation in one’s own context, and for ministry leadership.
To apply for a United Church of Canada bursary of up to $900 toward your registration fee, follow the steps below. Please note that all costs in addition to this amount are payable by you, the participant.
- Before registering, read the DUIM course description.
- Register with the Forum for Intercultural Leadership and Learning (deadline: August 28, 2017).
- After you register, the Forum will be in touch with details for paying the $100 deposit, the confirmation of your registration details, and information about paying the balance of fees.
- Complete the United Church Bursary Application (deadline: August 21, 2017).
- To be eligible for a United Church bursary, you must first register for the program with the Forum and pay the deposit fee.
- Confirmation of bursaries will be announced by e-mail.
- For more information about bursaries, contact cim [at] united-church.ca .
The Forum for Intercultural Leadership and Learning can also be contacted at 416-924-9351 or director [at] ccforum.ca.
More about the venue can be found on the Villa Saint-Martin website.