BC Conference UCW hosts our 55th anniversary gathering on the University of British Columbia campus, a 20-minute drive from the Vancouver International Airport, on the scenic Point Grey Peninsula, Vancouver.
The Totem Ballroom, where our main sessions will take place, our dining area, and the residence are in close proximity. The residence has elevators; the rooms are semi-private, each two guests sharing a washroom. We have arranged for limited rooms pre- and post-gathering at conference rates.
We will honour traditions of these national anniversary gatherings:
- opening night Parade of Banners
- music led by our very own Linnea Good
- our plenary speaker, Anne Mortifee, will bring alive our theme, Celebrating Spirit
- a day of enrichment sessions, a tour day, and a bookroom
- Gala Evening banquet with the Right Rev. Jordan Cantwell as guest speaker; extra tickets available for this evening
Registration and more details are now available on the BC Conference website.
Travel: Please make your own travel arrangements. WestJet offers a discount if you book online by July 21 with coupon code IAUHPGD. (For travel agent use: YVR01.) Valid for travel from July 5 to 21, 2017. Details can be found on the WestJet website.
For more information, please contact: