Embracing the Spirit is a new learning network and innovation fund. The goals of Embracing the Spirit are to:
- spur innovation across the entire United Church of Canada network of faith communities
- make piloting programs easy and accessible
- ensure that successful initiatives continue to thrive and gain momentum
- create a learning network that supports innovative faith communities through connection and fostering collaboration
- support existing funding programs by encouraging faith communities to experiment and assisting in the early stage of idea development
- support both new and renewing faith communities.
Mission & Service Givings Make It Possible
Embracing the Spirit is enthusiastically and generously supported by the people of The United Church of Canada through their Mission & Service giving. We celebrate the vitality of Embracing the Spirit projects, as shown in their positive spiritual, social, and ecological impacts and potential for financial sustainability. Commissioners at the 42nd General Council (2015), the United Church’s governing body, took the decision to establish the Embracing the Spirit program to support new ministries and new forms of ministry with 10% of the annual Mission & Service budget. Embracing the Spirit projects—alongside Mission & Service-supported programs and grants for global initiatives, community justice programs, healing and reconciliation work, theological education, and programs that support faith formation and build leadership—all contribute to a vital United Church.
Proposal deadlines are quarterly, and due on the 15th of the month: January, April, July and October.